Time management seems to be one of the #1 challenges for EVERYONE, when it comes to Social Media.
Social Media is overwhelming.
Social Media is time consuming.
Social Media can be incredibly beneficial for you and your business when it’s used properly.
The best way to manage feeling overwhelmed with Social Media is to get laser-focused on your objectives:
- What are your goals?
- Who is your target audience?
- Where is your target audience “hanging out” online?
As you know, I’m a HUGE champion for LinkedIn. I believe that almost everyone should have a strong and powerful presence on the world’s largest business network.
Investing in your presence on LinkedIn doesn’t have to take up a ton of time to produce results.
Some of the key ways you can stay top of mind, and position yourself as a thought leader:
- Update your LinkedIn status with tips and advice relevant to your target audience
- Write LinkedIn long form blog posts (like this one) to provide a more in-depth perspective of your advice, thoughts and perspective
- Within relevant LinkedIn Groups, answer questions and contribute to conversations
- Send private messages to prospective clients or valued clients with relevant articles that help them to solve problems
- Introduce two people (using LinkedIn messages or via email) who could be potential business partners or alliances.
Helping your target audience achieve their goals is a great way to align yourself as the go-to person in your niche.
Want a useful, downloadable LinkedIn Time Management “Cheat Sheet”?
Now it’s YOUR turn: What are YOUR time saving tips in the ever-changing landscape of Social Media? Add your input below!
Leslie Hughes is a LinkedIn Optimization Specialist, Professor of Social Media, Corporate Social Media Trainer and Principal of PUNCH!media
Leslie was called a “Social Media Guru” by CBC Radio and has been working in digital marketing since 1997. Founded PUNCH!media in 2009, our clients include The Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada, Guardian Life Insurance Company of America and Jones Lang LaSalle.
PUNCH!media’s goal is to empower through education and help executives gain confidence in their online presence so that you convert higher-paying clients.