You’d think a name like Leslie Hughes would be easy to pronounce, right?
Throughout my entire life I’ve heard my surname pronounced “HEWJ-ess”, “HUG-hess” and even “HUGGIES”.
Well, LinkedIn has recently launched a functionality where you can tell people how to pronounce your name. Want to add it to your profile? Here’s how:
- Tap your profile picture > View Profile.
- Tap the Edit icon from your introduction card.
- Tap Record name pronunciation.
- If you’ve already recorded your name, you can tap the Edit icon to delete or replace the existing recording.
- Tap the recording button and hold to record your name. Note: You can also cancel or preview the recording.
- Tap the Use button when you’re satisfied with your recording. Note: You can also Retake the recording.
- Tap Save.
For other another tip to optimize your first impression check out “How to update your Cover Image with an image that really stands out“