I don’t connect with everyone and anyone on LinkedIn.
As a long-time marketer, I know “EVERYONE” is not a strategy.
I do accept new connections into my network regularly, but I also make sure we can provide an exchange of value.
To limit the number of connection requests I receive, I’ve changed my “Connect” button to a “Follow” button. This way, people can follow my updates and we don’t have to be mutually connected. (i.e. They can see my posts, but I won’t see their status updates nor will have access to each others networks).
Here’s how to change the Connect button to the Follow button on LinkedIn:
- Click the “Me” icon at the top of your LinkedIn navigation bar.
- Click “Settings & Privacy”.
- Under the “Blocking and hiding” section, click “Change” next to Followers.
- Choose “Everyone on LinkedIn”.
- Under the “Make follow primary” section, switch the toggle to your preferred “Yes”.