Hopefully you’re already using LinkedIn, otherwise you’re missing out on opportunities for your own professional brand, and for organization as well.
With almost a billion users, less than 1% of the 900+ million LinkedIn members publish on the platform at least once a month? (They are called Power Users)
Another category of people who use LinkedIn are called Content Creators. They’ve published at least one post in the last 3 months. (That’s still less 5% of users!)
Content Ambassadors are 15% of the LinkedIn network. They engage with your content by sharing, liking, commenting, but they don’t want to post themselves.
Then there’s the silent community. They scroll through the feed and consume your content but don’t interact.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
It means there is a huge opportunity for you to stay top of mind and dominate your niche as a thought leader.
Sharing relevant content with your network can help to build trust and with trust you can obtain opportunities – within your own organization, with potential clients and more.
SOME KEY TIPS
- Aim to publish at least once a week. Be consistent.
- Publish for the reader – why should they care? Always provide value
- Share content that empowers and educates your network.
- Do your best to engage with your audience. Ask questions about what they think, or how they feel about the post.
- Use visuals (we process visuals 60,000x faster than text alone)
- Track your metrics. What posts seem to resonate with your network?
PRO TIP: When in doubt, or if you work in a compliance-based industry, re-share content that is already featured on your Company page. Be sure to add your own voice to add context and encourage the reader to check out the post.