Most people think LinkedIn is just a resume site, but it’s so much more.
It is the world’s largest business networking site where professionals are investing time.
There are a few ways you can ensure you stand out from the crowd and make a strong first impression. Using visuals to PUNCH up your presence can enhance it even more. Here’s how:
1) Your professional photo is the first impression and makes the biggest impact.
Click here to find out how to put your best face forward on LinkedIn.
2) Add Multimedia.
Include videos, PowerPoint presentations, to showcase a portfolio of your work or a catalogue of your products.
Click here to find out how to add multimedia on LinkedIn
3) NEW! Add a background cover photo to your LinkedIn profile
This new functionality can really make your presence POP.
If you haven’t received this notice (below) your opportunity to include a background image will be rolling out to all members very soon.
I love helping businesses and professionals create a LinkedIn profile they can be proud of, so I have provided a FREE Photoshop template you can download to create your own customized, LinkedIn profile cover image.
Please feel free to download my PSD (photoshop) template here and share it with your friends and colleagues.
Click here to tweet “PUNCH up your LinkedIn Profile background with this free template from @punchmediadotca“
- Ensure your image is at least 1400 x 425 pixels
- Be mindful of the placement of your professional profile photo, and the copy blocks (as outlined in red)
- There is a shadow where ads appear in a grey overlay (as outlined in grey)
- Before you upload your final image, remove the layers I have left in as placeholders.
Get inspired to visually tell your personal brand or professional “story”:
- Include some of the logos of key clients you have worked with
- Use calls-to-action with easy ways people can contact you
- Upload images of your staff or team. Display your corporate culture
- Highlight milestones or company “wins”
- Use your tagline or favourite quote
If you want to get on the list for early access click here: http://specialedition.linkedin.com/custom-backgrounds/
Remember: Always stay true to your brand and think about your objectives. What message are you trying to convey?
Always represent your business properly. This is the professional network after all.
I’ve love to see the finished product! Post your thoughts below or tweet me at @punchmediadotca.
About Leslie Hughes
Leslie is a LinkedIn Optimization Specialist, Corporate Social Media Trainer and Principal of PUNCH!media
Founded in 2009, with clients such as The Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada, Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, and The University of Ontario Institute of Technology’s Management Development Centre, PUNCH!media works with organizations to help them feel confident and develop a strong presence on LinkedIn and other Social Media sites.
From defining clear strategies, to content development and deployment, we help you save time and build business. Whether you’re using LinkedIn to connect with business associates or Facebook to connect with consumers, we connect you with the right audience at the right time using the right channels.
Contact Leslie for a customized quote for strategy development, and/or training.
leslie (at) punchmedia.ca