If you’re an executive, and you haven’t updated your LinkedIn profile….what are you waiting for?
Did you know LinkedIn is one of the highest ranked sites when someone Googles your name?
Did you realize that you are one of the key forward-facing brand ambassadors for your organization?
Before you’ve set out to meet one of your connections, you’ve probably looked them up on LinkedIn to:
- Get an idea about what they look like.
- Find out what they do in their role
- See if you can find someone in their network, or something on their profile that can act as an “icebreaker”
Don’t you think your connections are doing the same research on YOU?
Some people have a misconception that having an up-to-date LinkedIn profile is only important if you’re looking for a job, but your professional presence on the world’s largest networking site means so much more important than just job prospecting.
- You peers are investing time (not wasting time) on LinkedIn: Are you building your online Rolodex of high quality connections?
- Your first degree connections can introduce you to THEIR network. This is key for relationship building and networking opportunities.
- You are a brand. People are researching YOU as one of the leaders for your organization: Are you showcasing your thought leadership and expertise?
- BrandFog’s “CEO, Social Media and Brand Reputational Survey 2016 says :
- Social Media engagement builds better leaders
- C-Suite engagement on social media makes a brand more honest and trustworthy.
- 93% of survey respondents view socially engaged CEOs as a means to build better connections with customers, employees, and investors.
How to get started:
- Ensure you have a professional headshot.
- Focus on your personal brand messaging to frame both your expertise and tell your corporate brand story.
- Build your network with quality connections.
- Update your LinkedIn status regularly (a couple of times per week) with industry insights to stay top-of-mind. Better yet, write blog posts about YOUR thought leadership.
If you want turnkey services, I can help write and optimize your profile for you. Connect with me at leslie (at) punchmedia.ca for a customized quote.
Leslie was called a “Social Media Guru” by CBC Radio and was featured on CTV’s “The Social” discussing how to manage your digital identity. Leslie has been working in digital marketing since 1997 and founded PUNCH!media in 2009.
PUNCH!media clients include Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, Investment Planning Counsel, and RBC.
Whether it’s through LinkedIn training or profile optimization, PUNCH!media’s goal is to empower executives with a powerful online presence so they can brand their business properly and convert higher-paying clients.
Get your free LinkedIn Time Management tip sheet at www.punchmedia.ca